Life, stranger than fictions..

Welcome to my blog! It's a pleasure to have you here reading my hyperbolic scribbles. Some are archived stuff from my other blogs (inactive ones), some are brand new ideas. My words will be too much, overrated, out of line, dysfunctional, confusing, impractical and sometime don't make any sense. But in a hand, they have released my tense.
So enjoy these imaginarium of free mind. In a case you are interested to drop a line, or jes wanna appreciate any posts, don't be hesitate. Do your deed! Release those hustle-bustle inside your brain!

Monday, January 17, 2011

[archieve] Durian's night story

Been a while never hung out with my dearest friend, Cucur. So since she appeared online this evening (after a series of tiring, brain-sucking meetings) I asked if we could have a dinner tonight. "I'm penniless," she remarked. So did I, dude! "We don't have to spend money, buy dinner at fancy restaurant like we used to," I replied. "But I want to have dinner in a fancy resto with you. Wait until I become a rich gurl again. Go and swear to me!" she teased me. Oh c'mon, she's currently in Madam Laksmi Pamuntjak's Food Guide 3rd Edition project. I bet she could swim in her money. "GUE SUMPAHIN KAYA, LO!" that's what I wrote in my YM though. "What's that capital letters?" she asked. "Well Tuhan lebih perhatian kalau permintaan umatnya ditulis pake huruf besar," I replied. Hehehe..

We arranged to meet at Soto Ceker (she called it 'Cekribirawa') in front of American Grilled Sabang. I went to buy Alicia Keys' CD at DS, then went straight to the boot to see her. There were Anita and Barki, enjoying their Soto Ceker. Seemed delicious. But my stomach was full from meetings' snacks and lunch box. I had it for that day.


Cucur had her soto, but I knew she only ate a little of it. Typical of her. Not to mention this soto contained too much MSG that she hate so much since it is often caused her headache. Yet, I noticed that Anita was having two bowls of this soto, also fried duck and a glass of orange juice. She's the best when it comes to eat! 


While chewing her chicken feet, Barki told us about his unsuccessful experience of buying Durian. "Nggak manis! Padahal habis 30ribu," he exclaimed. "Kita beli Durian lagi yuk di Total?" he came up with this idea.


Anita had a better one. "Let's go to Pasar Genjing! There are lots of Durian with much cheaper price," she said. "Ah yes, better go to Genjing than Total!" Cucur agreed. "OK," Barki finally agreed. "But we should wait for Paul, he wants to have soto. You will join us to Genjing right, Cip?" she asked.


Durian. Yum! Simply irresistible. I was having a cup of es Durian last Saturday when I had an assignment at Bogor, the taste is still linger in my tongue. I enjoy Durian since my childhood, but as I grow up I don't recall the time I bought Durian by myself. That's strange. I only had it if mom or dad or any body else bought it. But I never deliberately had it. I don't think I should and I'm not capable of picking the right Durian it'll only make me disappointed. Buying Durian is close to gambling though.


So there we were; Cucur, Anita, Dewan, Barki, Paul, and I, starred at these piles of Durian in one of the trader along Pasar Genjing's street. Honestly I didn't know which one was which, Anita had taken all the charge. "Nih, eat! You can have 3 delicious Durians only for 50 grand," Anita pointed at these mouth-watering Durians she picked at the trader. Barki took the first and dipped his finger with ecsstacy. "Sweet," he remarked. Paul only smiled. He refused to have it that night. "Not in the mood for Durian," he said. "This is good!" remarked Cucur. Anita smiled in her greatest satisfaction. "Have it, Cip!" she invited. So I took mine, brought it into my mouth, and..

 
The world had stoped. 

No sounds. 
All my senses and every part of my body suddenly switched off and rested peacefully. 
It was only my tongue and the upper part of my mouth that were chanting this bizzare, magical spell. 


They sang such a beautiful song; of a sweet, tasty, rich flavor of a heavenly fruit called "Durian".


Anita and piles of durians



No comments:

Post a Comment